Direct Deposit Information


NC State University’s Regulation

As a condition of new or continued employment, all individuals paid through NC State University’s payroll system must participate in the University’s Direct Deposit program. See REG05-45.01 for more details.


Direct Deposit Enrollment/Update

Enrolling in Direct Deposit: Log into the MyPack Portal, and click on the Employee Self Service tab at the top of the page. You will find “Direct Deposit ” under Payroll and Compensation. You will need to have your bank’s routing number and your account number for each account (up to a total of three) that you want to deposit all or part of your net pay into. If you are unsure of these numbers please contact your bank.  Entering incorrect or incomplete information will result in a daily of your receiving your pay.


Updating/Changing your Account Information: Due to security concerns, as of April 2014, the option to change your direct deposit via Employee Self Service has been temporary suspended.  All changes must be processed by University Payroll. To make a change to your existing direct deposit information complete the direct deposit change form and bring it, along with any applicable documentation and a photo ID, to the University Payroll Office.  (This does not effect new employees who are entering their direct deposit information for the first time.)  Questions?  Contact Meghan Kosbe at 919-513-7606 or Regina House at 919-515-4355.


Federal Advisory for International ACH (Automated Clearing House) Transactions: Employees who forward the entire amount of their NCSU pay to a bank in another country (after having it direct deposited by NCSU into a US bank) must notify University Payroll at (919) 515-4355, per the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the US Treasury Department.


Federal Work-Study Participants Only

Students being paid under the Federal Work-Study program are not required to enroll in the University’s Direct Deposit program, but are encouraged to receive their pay by direct deposit. Work-Study students wishing to receive a paper check must pick their check up each payday in the University Payroll Office.


Special Consideration

If a bank rejects a Direct Deposit transaction because of a closed account or entry of incorrect or incomplete account information, then a check will be issued for that payperiod, but ONLY after the money has been returned to the University.

Note: The return transaction can take up to seven (7) business days to process.

Foreign National Exemption

Foreign nationals are required to present their Social Security card to the Foreign National Tax office before signing up for Direct Deposit.

See REG05.45.01 for additional exemptions.


Breaks in Service

If your position is terminated and you are rehired within 90 days, your direct deposit will continue without interruption. After 90 days, you will need to process your enrollment again. Temporary employees who are inactive (do not receive a paycheck) for 90 days will also need to enroll again.